Who we are
Our website address is: https://delanceystreetcap.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Entering this site or the links accessible through this site, you agree to be bound by this agreement. The information and the resources contained on and accessible through this site are made available by Delancey Street Capital and/or its suppliers and vendors, and are subject to your agreement to their terms and conditions.
All contents copyright (c) Delancey Street Capital
All rights reserved, Delancey Street Capital makes this Web site available to all users for the sole purpose of providing educational information on real-estate-related issues.
The accuracy of the Website, information and resources identified are not warranted or guaranteed or intended to substitute for professional real estate advice, to contradict real estate advice given, or for real estate of any kind.
All materials on this Internet site, including the site’s design, layout, and organization, are owned and copyrighted by Delancey Street Capital, or its suppliers or vendors, and are protected by U.S. and international copyrights.
Material on this site may be used for personal use only. Commercial use of any sort is strictly prohibited.
Use of Resources and Information
This site may not be used as a supplement or alternative for a real estate professional, and is not intended and does not warrant or guarantee the quality or quantity of any services of any of the advertisers identified; further, the information provided is merely for educational purposes, and its accuracy is not guaranteed. Do not use this site as a substitute for legal, financial, or real estate care. Please consult with a qualified professional regarding any legal, financial or real estate questions you may have.
You understand and agree that neither Delancey Street Capital nor its suppliers or vendors or linked domain names are responsible or liable for any claim, loss, or damage, of any kind, directly or indirectly resulting from your use of this site or the information or the resources contained on or accessible through it.
Delancey Street Capital expressly disclaims any implied warranty or representation about the information or accuracy, relevance, completeness, timeliness or appropriateness for any particular purpose of any kind. Your use of this site is also subject to all additional disclaimers that may appear throughout the site.
Other Internet Sites Links
This site also includes links to other Internet sites created and maintained by Delancey Street Capital’s suppliers, vendors, affiliates, or subscribers. Be aware that Delancey Street Capital does not control, makes no guarantees about, and disclaims any express or implied representations or warranties about the accuracy, relevance, completeness, timeliness or appropriateness for a particular purpose of the information or the resources contained on these or any other Internet sites.
Further, the inclusion of these links is merely for your convenience and is not intended and does not reflect Delancey Street Capital’s opinion on the accuracy or the importance of these other sites; further, Delancey Street Capital does not endorse in any manner any of the views expressed in, or products or services offered by this or these other sites. All information in any site by Delancey Street Capital, or associated or linked site, is extracted, read, used, or relied upon by you at your own risk.
Disclaimer of Warranty
Delancey Street Capital and its suppliers and vendors disclaim all express or implied representations or warranties with regard to the information, services, products, materials, and any other resources contained on or accessible through this site, including without limitation any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. All information provided by Delancey Street Capital is made available “as is” and “as available” without warranty of any kind, or any express or implied promise, including, by way of example, its continuing availability.
Limitation of Liability
With respect to products, goods, or services purchased from any entity identified, listed, named or contacted through Delancey Street Capital’s Web site, or any links to Delancey Street Capital’s Web site, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Delancey Street Capital or its suppliers or vendors be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary, contractual, or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever of any kind, resulting from any loss, which by way of example, includes loss of use, loss of data, loss of profits, business interruption, litigation, or any other pecuniary loss, whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability, or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of this site, with the delay or inability to use this site, or with the provision of or failure to make available any information, services, products, materials, or other resources contained on or accessible through this site, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
You acknowledge and agree that the limitations set forth above are elements of this agreement, and that this site would not be provided to you absent such limitations.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Delancey Street Capital and its suppliers and vendors from any liability, loss, claim, and expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) related to your violation of this agreement or use of this site in any manner. Your use of this site shall constitute your acceptance of the terms of this Agreement, as revised and modified, if any, each and every time you access this site. Delancey Street Capital may modify this agreement at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified agreement.
Delancey Street Capital’s failure to insist upon strict enforcement of any provision(s) of this agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
This agreement and the resolution of any dispute related to this agreement or this site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. Any legal action or proceeding between Delancey Street Capital or its links, suppliers or vendors and you related to this agreement or this site shall be brought exclusively in a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction sitting in New York County of New York, State.
All materials on this Internet site, including the site’s design, layout, and organization, are owned and copyrighted by Delancey Street Capital or its suppliers or vendors and are protected by U.S. and international copyrights.
Personally Identifiable Information
In this Section we have set out:
(1) the general categories of personal data that we may process;
(2) the purposes for which we may process personal data; and
(3) the legal bases of the processing.
- We may process [data about your use of our website and services] (“usage data”). The usage data may include [your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use]. The source of the usage data is [our analytics tracking system]. This usage data may be processed [for the purposes of analyzing the use of the website and services]. The legal basis for this processing is [consent] OR [our legitimate interests, namely [monitoring and improving our website and services]].
- We may process [your account data] (“account data”).[ The account data may [include your name and email address].][ The source of the account data is [you or your employer].] The account data may be processed [for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you.] The legal basis for this processing is [consent] OR [our legitimate interests, namely [the proper administration of our website and business]] OR [the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract].
- We may process [your information included in your personal profile on our website] (“profile data”).[ The profile data may include [your name, address, telephone number, email address, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details and employment details].] The profile data may be processed for [the purposes of enabling and monitoring your use of our website and services]. The legal basis for this processing is [consent] OR [our legitimate interests, namely [the proper administration of our website and business]] OR [the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at you request, to enter into such a contract].
- We may process [your personal data that are provided in the course of the use of our services] (“service data”).[ The service data may include [specify data].] [The source of the service data is [you or your employer].] The service data may be processed [for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you]. The legal basis for this processing is [consent] OR [our legitimate interests, namely [the proper administration of our website and business]] OR [the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract].
- We may process [information that you post for publication on our website or through our services] (“publication data”). The publication data may be processed [for the purposes of enabling such publication and administering our website and services]. The legal basis for this processing is [consent] OR [our legitimate interests, namely [the proper administration of our website and business]] OR [the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract].
- We may process [information contained in any inquiry you submit to us regarding goods and/or services] (“inquiry data”). The inquiry data may be processed [for the purposes of offering, marketing, and selling relevant goods and/or services to you]. The legal basis for this processing is [consent].
- We may process [information relating to our customer relationships, including customer contact information] (“customer relationship data”).[ The customer relationship data may include [your name, your employer, your job title or role, your contact details, and information contained in communications between us and you or your employer].] [ The source of the customer relationship data is [you or your employer].] The customer relationship data may be processed [for the purposes of managing our relationships with customers, communicating with customers, keeping records of those communications and promoting our products and services to customers]. The legal basis for this processing is [consent] OR [our legitimate interests, namely [the proper management of our customer relationships]].
- We may process [information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters] (“notification data”). The notification data may be processed [for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters]. The legal basis for this processing is [consent] OR [the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract].
- We may process [information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us] (“correspondence data”). The correspondence data may include [the communication content and metadata associated with the communication]. [ Our website will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the website contact forms.] The correspondence data may be processed [for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping]. The legal basis for this processing is [our legitimate interests, namely [the proper administration of our website and business and communications with users]].
- Please do not supply any other person’s personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so.
- Financial transactions relating to [our website and services] [are] OR [may be] handled by our payment services providers. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of [processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds].
Retention and Deletion of Personal Data
This section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We will retain your personal data as follows:
- [personal data category or categories] will be retained for a minimum period of [26 months].
Reset on new activity:
- The retention period for a specific user will reset with each new event from that user (thus setting the expiration date to current time plus retention period). For example, if data retention is set to 26 months but a user initiates a new session every month, then that user’s identifier is refreshed every month and never reaches the 26-month expiry. If the user doesn’t initiate a new session before the retention period expires, then that user’s data is deleted.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies used by our service providers:
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(b) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
(c) http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac (Safari); and
(f) https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
Delancey Street Capital places the utmost importance on protecting information transmitted via this web site and will take security precautions to protect all such information. However, Delancey Street Capital can not guarantee that any electronic communication is totally secure. Delancey Street Capital will take measures to secure and protect all customer-specific information from loss, misuse, and alteration.
Updates to Terms
These Terms and Conditions shall be construed, interpreted, and performed exclusively according to the, excluding conflict of law rules, of the State of New York, United States of America. Any legal action with respect to any transaction must be commenced within one year after the cause of action has arisen.
This site contains links to other sites. Delancey Street Capital is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites that are linked to us.